[opendtv] Re: News: DTV Converter Box announcements

  • From: "Russ Wood" <russ.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:13:27 -0000

Discussing emergency information systems, I don't think that anybody has
mentioned the Deaf or Hard-of-hearing, what use can they make of radios?

Remember that the demographics are skewed and as people get older they
get deafer so the people who can't use radio will be a higher proportion
of those who need assistance.

If the Bobby (sorry State Trooper) who comes to knock on their door
doesn't know the occupants are deaf - will he just move on when nobody
comes to the door immediately?

Russ - from the UK