[opendtv] Re: News: DTV Converter Box announcements

  • From: Barry Brown <barrysb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:44:14 -0500

Right, just not as convenient as flipping a switch on a battery operated TV set. I've done some searching and there doesn't seem to be a lot of portable ATSC receivers floating around either at this time. It would be nice if the $40 vouchers could be used to offset the cost this type of product in addition to the converter.

Barry B

On Jan 25, 2008, at 12:39 PM, Kon Wilms wrote:

On Jan 25, 2008 7:26 AM, Barry Brown <barrysb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With all that has been written about my initial posting about not
having any battery operated ATSC converter boxes, my principle
concern has been missed - that is when local residents have to spend
4-6 days (or more) without power after a storm has passed through an
area. It is this period when OTA is certainly a good friend and
source of contact with the outside world.

In Africa we get our own generators or daisy chain a few marine
batteries to an inverter circuit, because you can't rely on the
government for handouts. These converters have power plugs, right?
Where's the problem?

Cheers
Kon