[opendtv] Re: First look at ATSC HD Broadcast

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:27:30 -0700

John wrote:
> Then why didn't ANYBODY point it out?  Bob Miller had the thing, who
> passed
> it on to Sinclair, who passed it onto the CRC, who passed it to MSTV/NAB.
> Not a SINGLE ONE of those people made mention of this?

I'm unaware of such a chain of custody, where did you learn of it?

I only *KNOW* that myself, Sinclair and another major network
Director of Engineering brought this issue to the attention of the MSTV/NAB
committee. We did this after seeing a diagram of the
COFDM receiver in the preliminary test data.

To my knowledge, such technical details were not available to the committee
members before testing began.