[opendtv] Re: First look at ATSC HD Broadcast

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:49:47 -0400

Well we wanted to use ON2's codec back in 2000 or at least have put an
Equator type chip in our receiver to allow upgrades from MPEG2 to
whatever when the advanced codecs of the time matured. Could have used
ON2's within a short time with some work back then. It would have been
worth it to take the cost hit then so that we could stay up to date for
at least 10 years starting in 2000.

Would have used COFDM DVB-T 8K with SFN deployment.

Bob Miller