[opendtv] Re: First look at ATSC HD Broadcast

  • From: dgrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:44:13 -0700

Any OTA receivers available for ATSC in the USA?

Dan Grimes
UNLV-TV

                      Kon Wilms

                      <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx        To:       opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      >                        cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [opendtv] Re: First
look at ATSC HD Broadcast
                      opendtv-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      06/09/2005 10:37

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      opendtv

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 09:57 -0700, dgrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> "Nevermind that there are AVC/VC1 receivers in existence."  -Kon
>
> Who makes a receiver?  If receivers are available, why not start sending
> AVC or VC-1 streams?

Ninelanes, Pace, ... DPC in germany is already broadcasting AVC in MPEG2
transports over Astra (I have a capture of the TS somewhere) - anyone
know what manufacturer they are going to use for their STBs? Others are
in test phases (DTV, ..).

Cheers
Kon

-- Type: image/gif