[opendtv] Re: First look at ATSC HD Broadcast

  • From: dgrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:05:32 -0700

"USDTV was supposed to go with that is new markets if they ever get there."
-Bob Miller

USDTV is proving service to Las Vegas, but I don't know anyone who
subscribes.  I have been wanting to look at their pictures and programming,
but haven't been able to do so yet.  Last I looked, they were only in Salt
Lake City and Las Vegas.  If I were to consider subscribing to a service,
USDTV would be first on the list to consider before Cox Cable or DBS
services, mainly for cost reasons.  But then again, I'm hopeful that OTA
ATSC HD will be there for me--for free and with better picture quality.  I
can't stand the "digital quality" signals of digital cable or DBS.

Dan Grimes

                      Bob Miller

                      <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>         To:       opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                 cc:

                      opendtv-bounce@fr        Subject:  [opendtv] Re: First
look at ATSC HD Broadcast
                      eelists.org

                      06/09/2005 11:22

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      opendtv

The Hisense at WalMart is supposed to be MPEG4 AVC capable. USDTV was

dgrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>"Nevermind that there are AVC/VC1 receivers in existence."  -Kon
>
>Who makes a receiver?  If receivers are available, why not start sending
>AVC or VC-1 streams?
>
>Dan Grimes

-- Type: image/gif
-- File: graycol.gif