[opendtv] Re: First look at ATSC HD Broadcast

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:42:08 -0400

I disagree. We would pay more for an STB that increases capacity by a
factor of 50% and switch out customer receivers if that was 2x. So
starting with an upgradeable STB that could weather one or two upgrades
is worth it.

Penny wise pound foolish IMO.

Granted if you are selling them the market would give you little for the
upgrade potential. That would be an expensive education process.

Bob Miller