[opendtv] Re: Fewer than 2 Million have OTA DTV in US

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 07:07:05 -0500

On 12/23/06, BARRY S BROWN <barrysb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I hope that those of us who are relying on OTA DT for
supplementing satellite service are being counted in
these figures.

Some numbers I would like to know.

What percentage of satellite users can receive their local channels
via satellite. I know that in New York City we received our local
channels via satellite. I think that 99% of those folks would elect to
receive their local channels via satellite if possible.

What percentage of satellite users can't receive their local channels
via satellite. What percentage of those bother with OTA. I have heard
that a lot don't. That a lot don't even know that they could. Don't
know that their satellite HDTV receiver includes an OTA receiver.

And last but not least how many of those who both have satellite and
rely on OTA for digital local channels would stay with OTA if their
satellite provider started offering local DTV channels.

Bob Miller