[opendtv] Re: Fewer than 2 Million have OTA DTV in US

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 20:00:45 -0800

And, just how many did you expect to be connected when you looked ahead in
1996?  Or, did you start looking ahead in 1999?

Your jaded opinion is widely discounted.

The reality is that the conversion is continuing apace and will not be
stopped, and since you are opposed to it, you are losing a bit more each
day.

Since it's not about modulation -- and I won't discuss modulation with you
or your cohorts -- you need to look at how people value cable TV.  I
recently read a report where people felt that their cable tv bills should be
cut in half if they didn't have access to local TV stations via cable.

Remove 5 or 6 channels out of 70, and people want half their money back.
That means that cable channels are worth about 1/10 that of a local tv
channel.

John Willkie