[opendtv] Re: Fewer than 2 Million have OTA DTV in US

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 10:37:49 -0800

In 1989.

Weren't you paying attention?  Didn't you realize in context that I was
talking about "must carry" and not "retrans consent/must carry"?  I'm sorry
Craig, but if you aren't paying attention, there's no way that I can write
in such a way to clue you in to what I'm saying.

I read the decision in full (in a 'slip decision') on the day it was issued.
I've also read every other FCC and published Federal court decision that was
ever issued on the subject of cable carriage of broadcast signals, going
back to the every early 1960's.  I've even read a few unpublished ones, like
the 1992 decision out of San Bernardino County on anti-trust grounds, which
is a greatly underused area of the law in this context.  (Many of the early
decisions were local to San Diego.)

Have you ever read any of them?

John Willkie