[opendtv] Re: DTV Channel Assignments

  • From: <tjharvey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:34:30 -0400

Here in Phoenix, it is the norm to pick up all the local DTVs without problem
with an indoor antenna.

In fact a number of locals thought for DTV a large high gain antenna with line
amplifier would be required. (I do not know who would have recommended this).
They did not know that they were overloading the frontend of their receiver:
simply removing the amplifier paraphenalia and in some cases, going to a
smaller antenna, helped immeasureably.

An outdoor antenna is useful here only if you have a physical obstruction in
the transmission path or if you wish to view the Tucson stations over one
hundred air miles away.

Terry Harvey