[opendtv] Re: DTV Channel Assignments

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:38:51 -0400

I wouldn't say "very few," but it's less than half.  As of June 19th,
there were 715 licensed U.S. DTT stations in the FCC CDBS database:
http://www.tvtechnology.com/dlrf/one.php?id=912

With very rare exceptions, only licensed stations are operating at full
power.

Whether things will get better or worse when everyone is at full power
remains to be seen.  Some forms of interference will increase:
http://www.tvtechnology.com/features/digital_tv/02-16-05.shtml

TTFN,
Mark