[opendtv] Re: 20050926 Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 00:13:04 -0700

say what?  Something like DTT during huricanes makes as much sense as Atilla
the Hun using B-52s?

It'd would make (slightly) more sense to design a tower that could withstand
tornadoes.  Note:  torandoes, unlike hurricanes, are quite common, up to 600
a year, if the figures from my youth still hold up, and there is very little
advance warning.  We only hear on  national TV about the ones with
significant loss of life or property.  And. people do use analog TV -- to
what degree of accuracy, I'm not sure, to warn them of tornadoes.  Something
about the white noise on blank channels changing to pink.