[opendtv] Re: 20050926 Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:29:10 -0700

the new (apparently Democratic paradigm) is that if you are a feckless or
non-leader, and you fail in office, bring out the race and class cards,
blame distant republicans, and then encourage your party members to decline
to participate in congressional hearings because "they're political."

The politicization and race-pimping of disaster is new and EXTREMELY LOW.
It's just another example of how & why the democratic party is accelerating
it's Whig-like decline from American life.

The leftists (who are running the party these days) may think they have won,
but that's legacy thinking.  I had the chance to talk to an evacuee last
week.  He's Cubano, a Marielito (been in the US since our last feckless
President in 1980) and the after-disaster convinced him to abandon the
Democratic party.  And Louisiana.  Forever.

And, in case it's relevant, I'm a former Democrat, never been a Republican,
now a "registered" independent.