[opendtv] Re: 20050926 Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: dgrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:08:13 -0700

"Most of the homes that are still reliant on OTA do not have multiple TVs."

I am curious if the statistics often quoted account for variations of media
reception.  For instance, I know several, make that many, people that have
CATV, DBS, and OTA!  Why?  Because each offers exclusive content.  Mainly,
these are sports nuts that can't go without missing anything, and wants
HDTV whenever possible.  Do the statistics assume a person only uses one
service?

Every person I know has multiple TVs, even those that are reliant on OTA.
And within my small circle, of the households that do not subscribe to a
service provider (and there are a lot of them), there are more that view
DVDs only than use OTA.  But I realize that this may not be the norm.

Dan Grimes