[opendtv] Re: 20050926 Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:17:17 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

> It is exactly the fact that OTA broadcasters don't
> need a fleet of trucks to go around keeping their
> customers happy that allows OTA broadcasting to
> survive with ad revenues alone.

Strange, when my In-Laws had a problem with their Dish Network receivers not
tuning in the local into local channels, Dish suggested they call a locally
recommended installer who wanted to charge a $100 service fee just to show
up and look at it.  My Father-In-Law was so livid that he threatened to have
his cable reconnected.  I asked him if I could have a look at it first, and
it turned out to be a slightly mis-aligned antenna, easily corrected. Dish
certainly didn't have a fleet of trucks ready to keep this particular
customers happy, however.

John