[obol] Lane coast birds

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:52:26 -0700

I did several seawatches off the n Lane coast today. Most of the action was
off Klootchman and the pullout a mile or so south of Stonefield. A few gull
swarms offshore but seemed to contain nothing else but murres. No tubenoses of
any kind, no kittis. I’m surprised at how few fulmars I have seen this October
- exactly 1.

There were quite a few Marbled and Ancient Murrelets around, plenty of murres,
a steady southward movement of pelicans, DC Cormorants, loons (mostly Pacific)
and some small wads of scoters.

Lots of robins moving along all of the ocean bluffs. A Pileated cackling away
at Stonefield. Low numbers of yellow-rumps and kinglets.

I ran into other observers who said there is water in the d-plain. Maybe a
good place to go in the next couple of days.

Alan Contreras
acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx