[obol] Lane coast birds

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 17:05:38 -0700

I birded from Florence northward with visiting Alaska birder Daniel Parsons
today. Highlights were a TROPICAL Kingbird at the junction of Big Creek Rd and
101 (a few miles north of Heceta Head) and a PALM Warbler in the Searose
village, working between the Sea Perch office and the small cottages to the
north.

Otherwise it was fairly slow other than a good wad of woodsy birds near the
north jetty that included two Hutton’s Vireos. Not much happening on the
ocean. RN Grebe, heermann’s and a slightly odd five adult Herring Gulls at
florence jetties. A Mew snoozing in the Stonefield Beach Gullwad. Dogpond had
half a dozen LB Dows, a Greater Legs and a dunlin. Crabdock flats had a few
blackbellies and dunlin and a peregrine cruising the area.

Alan Contreras
acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

NOTE: Owing to my very heavy workload and travel schedule through December 5,
my response to your messages may take up to a week.