[ncolug] Re: annual distro marathon

  • From: Larry DiGioia <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 15:35:27 -0400

I think it was the Broadcom network that it missed, but I am going to do as you said anyway, it will be fun and I am rooting for Debian. I also like the unspoiled Gnome3...

I still have plenty of time to play, I gave another try to Suse too, and I am still really liking that as well.

Also, I am testing using crappy hard disks on (in one case) a dreaded Marvell RAID controller - SSDs and LSI controllers for them should be arriving today.

On 5/22/2013 11:53 AM, Mike wrote:
On 05/21/2013 09:46 PM, Silas Lang wrote:

Debian: very tempting, but missed some hardware and a bit slow

Prepare to un DFSG your debian box. It's probably appears slow due to the free Nvidia driver. Add "non-free" to your main repository in sources.lst, apt-get update, apt-get install firmware-linux-nonfree, reboot. Enjoy the life of proprietary video drivers. This may also account for you other non detected hardware.

Mike

Subject field.