[ncolug] Re: annual distro marathon

  • From: Mike <bellyacres@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 22:07:44 -0400

On 05/23/2013 09:34 PM, Larry DiGioia wrote:
OK, since I am just now digesting this - what would be the difference between running the firmware blob, and going through an actual install of the NVidia driver?

I have to verify this, which may not be until next week. The short answer is if you want 3d and the power that Ed posted about use the driver from Nvidia. Using the firmware blob I believe allows X to load the Nouveau driver. Which is what I need to verify. I do know that using the Nouveau driver smooths the typical user experience greatly over the other two free drivers.

Mike

Subject field.