[ncolug] Re: Ugh, I feel pain coming....

  • From: Larry DiGioia <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 14:42:10 -0500

I have it running on dozens of machines with only Pentiums, with only 4GB RAM, and it is fine.

tech4u <mailto:techconsultant4u@xxxxxxxxx>
Wednesday, February 3, 2016 10:46 AM
But how does it work on older Windows7 machines that are low end that Windows7 is pushing there limits? Somethin' is going to break.

Cory
--
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. -- Putt's Law

The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible. -- Arthur C. Clarke
On 2/3/16 7:19 AM, M. Knisely wrote:

M. Knisely <mailto:charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
Wednesday, February 3, 2016 7:19 AM

If you have any apps that rely on Microsoft LocalDB and store the DB in the system profile, this update will break the app.

Go to the Windows.old Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\appdata\Microsoft and copy the LocalDB folder to the new Windows directory.

Same issue for the 10 to 10-nov update too.

Mike K.

--
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook."

                                 William James