[ncolug] Re: Ugh, I feel pain coming....

  • From: Larry DiGioia <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 14:39:34 -0500

For every "upgrade" I start with Windows 7 and do the "upgrade" by running the executable from the flash drive. That gets it activated. Then I actually boot from the flash drive and wipe it out completely - it gets rid of extra partitions and does the classic "clean install." I have never tried leaving it with the "upgraded" version.

Ken Allen <mailto:kc8tdw@xxxxxxxxx>
Wednesday, February 3, 2016 12:37 PM

I updated my Window$ machine to 10 from 8.1 and it upgrade very well, had no issues what so ever. However, the one reason I did the upgrade is I felt that 8.1 was broke as my computer wasn't running very well.

After upgrading it, it still did not run well at all. So I did a "factory reset". Computer did run much better, but had no sound. 10's drivers didn't work. After looks of looking on Google found someone said to use 8.1's driver and problem was fixed. Tried it and all was well. Works great now. I'm not a big fan of Window$, but I do have to say I like 10 better than 7, 8, 8.1.

--
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook."

                                 William James