[ncolug] Re: Ugh, I feel pain coming....

  • From: tech4u <techconsultant4u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 10:26:37 -0500

I agree totally with you about the *forced* issue.

Cory

--
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they
do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. -- Putt's Law

The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into
the impossible. -- Arthur C. Clarke

On 2/3/16 6:45 PM, Mike wrote:

On 02/02/2016 09:15 PM, Mike wrote:
Windows 10: Microsoft Sets Operating System to Download Automatically as 'Recommended' Update
The software update was previously designated "optional." As a "recommended" update, Windows 10 will begin downloading on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 computers set to update automatically.

Mike

Most of the replies so far really were not what I was thinking when I posted this.

I'm really initially was thinking why am I (or anyone) being forced to download this? Much of the world still uses metered connections, or simply don't have this big fat pipe that MS seems to think we all have.

Doing what I've been doing, reloading machines, getting them internet ready. This means that if it's not already in my image(s) it will be soon. More bloat, more time to image. This isn't huge in and of itself. I'm more concerned about the next phase, shutdown one night, find 10 installing the next morning. Paranoia? Maybe but we are nearly now, they have *forced* the download, it's far for inconceivable that a switch will be flipped and poof, there it is.

All the above is without even mentioning all the other ills that 10 bring with it. Someday perhaps people will realize that MS free isn't OSS. In my view it's just another loss of freedom, being forced to the will of others, and what they *think* we want.

Blah blah blah, I'll stop now.

Mike

Subject field.