[muglo] Re: muglo domain name

  • From: Dave Knight <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:32:36 -0500

On 2011-01-21, at 11:01 PM, rogers doug wrote:

> If anyone were to type muglo.on.ca into their browser bar, the results will
> be disappointing. I believe we may have let the domain lapse.

It looks that way.

> I seem to recall Tee took care of this, or maybe Eric, when they were
> speaking with each other :-)
>
> In relation to Teresa's request for supporting material, cards or small
> leaflets or paper with muglo information, I believe a functioning - once
> again - domain would be pretty helpful.

Yes.

> Pointing this domain to the MobileMe site would be the best thing to do.
>
> Having a simple domain for people to search off of printed distributed
> information would be helpful.

Yes.

> What is the status of the bank account? Should Dave - or I  - point this
> domain name, it looks first like we need to register it.

It's no longer possible to register <something>.<province>.ca, so as I
understand it there's no getting it back at this point.

I've registered muglo.ca  <http://whois.cira.ca/public/?domaine=muglo.ca>

I have a server hosted at an ISP in Toronto, I set up a web site for muglo.ca
on it and confirmed that I could publish an iWeb site, etc:

http://muglo.ca/

Doug, I can give you credentials so that you can push the site as maintained in
your iWeb to there and continue to maintain it as you have been doing, if
you're agreeable to that... let me know.

dave