[mswindowsxp] Re: Setting up a remote computer as an Internet provider

  • From: foofaraw in the middle <foofaraw_in_the_middle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:17:28 -0800 (PST)

The speed does not concern me. My client wants it no matter what it takes in
terms of hardware or slow speed. He just wants to take advantage of the
connection. He already have his connection to the internet. All he wants is a
redundancy system. Having said that, how is it setup. I just need the details.
 Derek Beaney <dbeaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:you cannot share the internet
connection unless you have two things... one nic card in both pcs and some cat5
cable.. or a wireless system (same setup as i said b4) as far as the internet
connection unless you have the previous setup you would be limited to the speed
of your connection to the server.. as to say if you are remolty connecting to
that pc at 56k .. the max speed you would get would be 56k...