[mswindowsxp] Setting up a remote computer as an Internet provider

  • From: foofaraw in the middle <foofaraw_in_the_middle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:01:07 -0800 (PST)

I have this question posted in my group that I can't satisfactorily address.
Maybe the gurus in this group could add  some suggestions. Someone asked me if
it's possible to connect to one of his computer in his internet cafe not to
access the computer remotely and not for the speed but to take advantage of
it's internet connection (unlimited DSL). So effectively the remote computer
would become an ISP of sorts albeit with just one client. I told him it is
possible coz someone told me a while back that XP has a built-in way to do
this. I told him to setup an account with the remote server for the client
computer. But as to how to set up the remote server, I don't exactly know how
to go about it. Anyone has any ideas? Was I wrong to suggest that this is
possible?

Owner/Moderator of "My Computer Headaches"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mycomputerheadaches/.