[mswindowsxp] Re: Setting up a remote computer as an Internet provider

  • From: Steven Peck DNET <speck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 16:03:25 -0800

Two possible answers;
1.  Put a modem on the XP system, configure RAS dial directly, remote
control and go.
2.  Dial up your local ISP.
    Configure the WinXP for remote desktop, SECURE, open
    Open the correct port in your firewall (1494 IIRC).
    Use Windows Remote Desktop through the Internet.

Theoretically this should work, haven't done it.

-sp