[mswindowsxp] Re: Setting up a remote computer as an Internet provider

  • From: foofaraw in the middle <foofaraw_in_the_middle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:33:03 -0800 (PST)

The XP Pro has both a NIC and a modem. The client computer has a modem also.
You suggested to dial up to the ISP? Which computer should do that? The client
trying to connect or the XP Pro host? If it is the client, then this defeats
the purpose of connecting to the internet via the XP Pro host. We want to use
the XP Pro host's internet connection and it doesnt matter how slow this
connection is. We have a clear purpose for this which need not concern anyone
right now.
Your second suggestion, does that just connect the client to the host or does
the host also provide internet connectivity as a result?