[modeleng] Re: Swarf!

  • From: Alan Stepney <alesara2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:01:23 +0000 (GMT)

I am sure we all know of examples of "today not being
as good as yesterday", but perhpas sadly, none of us
is in the position to make any major changes.

However, just to show that there are still skills
about, Tim Rickard sent me some photos of the Model
Engineer exhition at Sandown park last week.

Very sad.

No, not the exhibits. Whilst there may not have been
as many as in some prior years, the quality is SUPERB.
Thr sad point is that whilst I keep thinking that my
workmanship is improving, I then see some of these
models and realise that I have a long way to go to be
up with the best.

The photos can be seen at,
http://www.modelengine.co.uk/101.html

Take a look at that fantastic GWR 0-6-0 (2/3rd down
the page) and for those who like IC engines, the half
size Matchless motorcylce engine is excellent, but
then, what about that Deltic?

Alan