[modeleng] Re: New boiler test rules

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:12:48 -0600

At 08:25 PM 1/16/06 -0000, you wrote:
>As far as I know it can occur even when there is no heat applied, even in
>hot and cold water pipes as it is an electro-chemical action.

Clif, Al. etc
    I've checked a couple of US mfgs (or distributors) of "phos-copper"
brazing alloys and none of those contain zinc.  Copper, phosphoros, and
maybe even a bit of silver, but no zinc.  However there are now a huge
number of suppliers world-wide and there's no telling what some them contain.

Regards,
Harry