[modeleng] Re: Boring Bearings

  • From: fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 06:25:58 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

By far the easiest method would be to through bore it & insert a bush-like
spacer (with nicely squared ends) in the middle of the bore. A light push
fit with a few loctite grooves should do the trick.Tel

Terry old sod, I was going to suggest that very thing but held off in hopes you
would come up with it.  That way you will get the blame if things turn out for
the worst!!  Actually it looks to be a very good idea to use the bush though I
believe I could machine a shoulder with that centre mounted boring bar by just
not cutting all the way through.

Jesse in Tennessee