[modeleng] Re: Boring Bearings

  • From: fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 06:34:25 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hubert,

Worry not your old gray head, I frequently get Al and Alan mixed up as to who
sent me emails.

About that sure fire Atlas method of boring headstocks.  My original 10 inch
model worked perfectly, but the 12 inch "raised" model is skewed a bit off
centre to the extent of about .001" per inch of travel.  Other owners of this
12" model have also experieiced this identical problem so I wonder if Atlas did
not try to make an adapter for the 10" boring head and got an error built into
it in the process.

Jesse in sunny/cloudy Troy.  (I don't know what it outside as the sun is not
yet up here while you are probably sitting down to your noon meal right now.)

Hi Jesse

I was all mixed up, and attributed your comment regarding the Atlas boring
device to Al Messer.     Please see my reply to him!    Sorry!!

Cast iron dust has a delightful taste!   I am trying to persuade my wife to
add it to her apple pies as a seasoning!

Cheers from Hubert in Sunny St Albans.