[modeleng] Re: Boring Bearings

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:05:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hubert, in Dave Gingery's booklet on making your own
small lathe, I think he solves this problem by boring
the seats for the bearings with the headstock mounted
on the bed by using a stiff boring bar.  My memory is
not what it used to be, but our fellow poster, TEL in
Oz, has a copy of the book and can enlighten us on the
point

Al Messer