[modeleng] Boring Bearings

  • From: "shep" <shep.28@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Modeleng" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:05:38 +0100

Dear Alan

Thanks for this helpful message.    I agree that this would be a splendid
way of assuring alignment and the identical size of the two bores.
I am probably being being very stupid, but my problem is how to ensure
accurately squared shoulders, thus creating the abutment for the outer races
of the bearings.    This can be done with a boring head, which can produce a
facing cut.   A facing cut is not available when using a boring bar between
centres.

Cheers!   Hubert