Re: LuaJIT project governance

  • From: zejian ju <juzejian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 21:04:55 +0800

:

We don't have a 'plan' in our back pocket. I wanted to hear from people in
the LuaJIT community at large about how they would like things to be run.

We are open to hiring people to work on LuaJIT (we've done this sort of
thing for open source projects in the past) but what's really key is not us
deciding something but this group here figuring out what will work best.

For example, I'm hoping to hear from people who want to be involved in
reviewing PRs, or having a particular skill set or interest. It may be that
a single 'leader' emerges from that, or that we decide to run as a
distributed group.

I've worked on part of LuaJIT last year(arm64 dynasm and interpreter), I
feel it's really time-consuming and need some full-time developers to work
on this complex project. Some one should be the maintainer of some part of
this project, he/she should be responsible for this specific part, with the
help of community.

Zenk Ju