Re: LuaJIT project governance

  • From: Mike Pall <mikelj-1508@xxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 23:35:32 +0200

Vyacheslav Egorov wrote:

I think we will not get anywhere by saying "it's so complicated and elegant"
and
"we *need* a single dedicated person right away". Instead we should establish
formal contribution framework, figure out where we want to be and start
moving.

Yes, please let's start moving. This discussion is not helping.

I've just added my TODO list and some of the open sponsorships as
GitHub issues: https://github.com/LuaJIT/LuaJIT/issues

Feel free to add issues, comment on issues or propose fixes.

I'm still merging anything by hand to my repo, which will get
mirrored to GitHub eventually. So don't go overboard on the pull
requests, for now. The git master will change only after the final
2.1 release by me.

Actually, most of the issues won't land in the 2.1 release, since
I want to get that out of the door quickly. I hope to find time to
cut the beta release later this week.

--Mike