Re: LuaJIT project governance

  • From: "John Graham-Cumming" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 13:48:21 +0100

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:37 PM, Bruno Cabral <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

However, I got worried by the tone on your last email. What are the
plans ? Cloudflare is active looking for hiring some full time
maintainers or it will only help with the transition/infrastructure ?

We don't have a 'plan' in our back pocket. I wanted to hear from people in
the LuaJIT community at large about how they would like things to be run.

We are open to hiring people to work on LuaJIT (we've done this sort of
thing for open source projects in the past) but what's really key is not us
deciding something but this group here figuring out what will work best.

For example, I'm hoping to hear from people who want to be involved in
reviewing PRs, or having a particular skill set or interest. It may be that
a single 'leader' emerges from that, or that we decide to run as a
distributed group.

John.