[lit-ideas] Re: The beginning of the end in Iraq

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:41:06 -0400

This is paranoid, that Americans would want the U.S. to lose.  It's straw
clutching at why we're losing.  Obviously it's not because we can't win.

If brute force worked, we'd have won in Vietnam.  Johnson wasn't even
slowed down by the protests.  It also begs the question of why we don't use
brute force in Iraq if brute force did the job.  Probably because we're
nice people, as we demonstrated in Vietnam.  And in Dresden.  And in all
the pacts we make with African and other dictators.  Yeah, we could win
this if we wanted to.  We just don't want to, that's all, and the reasons
are: (1) the people want us to lose; (2) the media wants us to lose; (3)
we're nice people...  In the meantime, no hearings, no accountability, not
even much interest.  Basically, democracy crumbling all around us.