[lit-ideas] Re: The beginning of the end in Iraq

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:38:16 -0700

From: "Eric Yost" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"We currently have just over 200,000 of our 2.4 million service members engaged in operations in the Gulf," Pace said, "which means just under 2 million are available to handle whatever other problem might come our way."

That is total nonsense.

Eric, stick to poetry. You know zero about the military.

The US military has 1.4 million persons in active service. There are another 1.26 million in reserves.

This does not mean there are 1.4 million soldiers. The vast majority of those persons are in logistics and transportation. They are not "soldiers" in the shooting sense. You can't put them on a battlefield "if needed".

If we get into a situation where we have to call up our 1.26 million reservists, then it would be extremely bad.

The actual number of soldiers available now for a war other than Iraq is very low. The USA is not capable of fighting another Iraq at the moment, and certainly not capable of fighting North Korea, which has 200,000 special forces, plus a substantial military.

Because the USA has too few troops, a war with in North Korea would require
nuclear weapons.

I know you get all happy over the idea of using nuclear weapons on non-whites for your racist war dreams. Again, forget it. If the Bush White House were to escalate the tension into war that ends with the use of nuclear weapons, the political aftermath would be catastrophic for the USA. Although North Korea would be destroyed, we would lose all credibility in Asia.

Eric, your postings are an embarassment. You constantly applaud war, attacks on other countries, and massive slaughter of people of other races. You berate us for not supporting your race wars, yet you yourself won't join the military. You are a coward. You know nothing about the military or wars.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com