[lit-ideas] Re: The beginning of the end in Iraq

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:43:02 -0400

Iran made overtures many times.  We rebuffed them all, including, as I
recall, mocking their letter on this very list.  They are our
self-fulfilling prophecy.  As Condi (Bush's mouthpiece) says, We don't do
diplomacy, we do policy.  The nuclear thing is ridiculous, yes, ridiculous.
It's just an excuse for hostilities on our part, another WMD.

> Do you think the USA wants to see Iraq become something
> other than "a peaceful and prosperous pluralist democracy"?
> If so, why?

That's a dumb question.  Of course they don't.  They want to rule the roost
and they think all they have to do is wish it so.