[lit-ideas] Re: Song of Myself

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 01:54:59 -0500

AA:

In addition, I posted pictures.

When and where did you post photos??????

Mike Geary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 9/4/2006 12:00:35 AM

Posted to the list, by some person hiding behind a pseudonym:

"I am trying with some humor to put aside identity mazes and just have
some intelligent conversation and a bit of fun."

Feel free to contribute something.  Many of us would be delighted by
more intelligent conversation.  However, I am skeptical as to what you
can contribute if you insist on using a pseudonym.

I am tempted to use this as an opportunity to explore Walter's question
regarding giving reasons and morality.  Can an individual operating from
behind a pseudonym give reasons or is there something important about
reasons coming from an individual who is embodied?  Can there be a
reason without a particular person to give it?  Is there a difference if
a reason comes from Amago or Spratt, or from Walter or Eric?  Doesn't a
reason require a person who, as it were, stands behind it and authorizes
it?  I would explore these issues but I have no idea who I am conversing
with, and so I am not sure if there is any truth involved.

Phil Enns Toronto, ON