[lit-ideas] Re: Giving Thanksgiving

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:25:21 -0800 (PST)

Hm... yes. About siding with the British; there was a concrete pretext for that
but more generally it seems like a logical decision. The British were an empire
whose centres were overseas and they could conceivably be persuaded to leave if
they encountered sufficient resistance. The Americans were there to stay,
therefore they represented a greater long-term threat. He was quite right about
that, too.

Omar Kusturica