[lit-ideas] Re: Al Zarqawi

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 09:57:09 -0700 (PDT)

My point was that the sadness lies in the fact that the world created a Zarqawi
in the first place.  Yes, he was created, by humans, as others are being
created right this very moment, and no one cares.  Therein lies the human
condition, reflected in the demise of its victim-creating-victims which we
applaud.  I'm boring myself, along with others.  Have a nice weekend.

Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  > Look at Eric's post about al Zarqawi and tell me what you think.

Well, the rhyme scheme and meter work in the first four
lines, but when I shifted to direct parody of the munchkin
song it broke down. This is not too surprising, since the
lyrics of the munchkin song rely on the music, which is of
course absent here. Without the music, it doesn't scan, and
really shouldn't.

As for the part about correspondents applauding -- and these
are mostly non-American correspondents at the press
conference -- they did break into loud and spontaneous
applause. You may be able to catch a repeat of the initial
announcement on C-Span.

"Zarqawi is eliminated."

[Loud, spontaneous applause.]

http://mail.yahoo.com