[lit-ideas] Re: Al Zarqawi

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 14:18:35 -0700 (PDT)

I'll answer this later.  Can't do it right this minute.

Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  At 04:57 PM 6/8/2006, you wrote:
>When you talk about yourself it's not in the context of defending
>yourself. I don't mind talking about myself, but I won't be forced into
>it as a way of distracting attention bcause somebody else's position is
>fundamentally flawed.

Okay only questions from now on -- I can't tell you anything ever again ever.

1) Why is my position (as an optimist) fundamentally flawed?

2) Why would I -- a person who is more than forethright -- try to distract
attention from my fundamentally flawed position? In other words, "what's my
MO?"

3) Can you explain how you can come to two fundamentally opposite
conclusions using the same logic?

for example: deaf [from birth] people can't think meaningfully because they
have no language and
animals can think meaningfully even though they have no language.

4) Why do you persist in being a killjoy?

5) What happened to make you this way? -- I ask so I can avoid becoming so
painfully negative.

paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx