[LRFlex] Re: Leica R to EOS adaptors ... alternative brands.

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:48:56 -0800

Just received mine in the mail yesterday.
It's well built compared to some I've seen.
S. Dimitrov

On Jan 23, 2005, at 4:44 PM, Don Bledsoe wrote:

Aram,

With the Fotodiox adapter it is as easy to change the lens (leaving
the adapter on the EOS body) as it is to change lenses on any
Leicaflex or Leica R camera.  Push an easy to reach button, turn the
lens and off it comes.

Don

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:36:12 -0800, Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sounds like it is a good deal. So, if you had no Canon lenses, you would
just leave this adaptor on the EOS camera and you can swap R lenses easliy,
unlike what we hear about the Novoflex version?

Sounds like a winner.  All I need is a digital EOS....

Aram

From: Don Bledsoe <d30gaijin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Leica R to EOS adaptors ... alternative brands.
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:49:46 -0700

As best I can tell it is. That's why I am trtying to tell people it's
a good deal from Fotodiox. I bought mine from them and it was shipped
very quickly.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:03:35 -0700, Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx> wrote:
It appears from the photos of this adapter on the
e-*** site, that this is the identical R-EOS
adapter that Gandy sells at 175 USD,   correct?

Steve

Don Bledsoe wrote:
Dave,

It fits exceptionally well and focuses at infinity (something I was
concerned about as I've had problems with other adapters not doing so,
but those were old adapters for other mount cameras). The adapter
locks into place solidly on the EOS body and the R lens locks solidly
into place in the adapter, no looseness whatsoever on either end. The
lens release for releasing the R lens from the adapter is simple and
positive and very easy to get to (something I have heard can be a
problem with the Novoflex adapter, but I have no first hand experience
with the Novoflex adapter).

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:17:05 -0600, Dave Saalsaa <SaalsD@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Don, how well does it work and fit?  Are you happy with it?

Dave