[klaatumail] Re: Formats, availability, etc

  • From: Jaimie Vernon <bullseyecanada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 11:20:39 -0500

> Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 10:59:40 -0500
>
> Put it on Kijiji!  Works for me.
>
> As for inherited stuff, we are close to facing the same situation.  My
> father-in-law is alone in his house and he has alzeimer.  He never
> thought of passing on his stuff to the family and he is going to fade
> away within the next year and we will have to dispose of a house full of
> stuff, mostly construction material--tools galore, hardware, wood, etc.
>

> A small dumpster may be involved.

Our thoughts are with you and Francine, Robert. My father passed from Lou
Gehrig's disease (ALS). His decline was rapid -- about 18 months from the first
symptoms.

He wouldn't allow us to get rid of anything while he was still alive. He had
hoped to beat the disease (which is near impossible -- unless you're Stephen
Hawking and have more money than God).

Once he passed, the task of identifying the junk from the valuable items began.
We cleared the basement first -- which had all his electronics and
music-related items (albums, singles, 8-tracks, stereo equipment). Some of it I
took, the rest was sold off or given to friends who would appreciate it.

The garage and the two backyard sheds, however...have been a nightmare. You
know how hard it is to get rid of 30 years of household paint containers in the
city of Toronto? They'll only take two cans at a time when you go to the
hazardous waste transfer station.

My Mom still has to get rid of a 2,000 lb. drill press, an 8 ft. long HP
Scanner/Plotter CAD system, and an air compressor that's been bolted to the
side of the garage.

Jaimie Vernon,
President, Bullseye Records
1-800-JOE-RADI(O) // 1-800-563-7234