[jhb] Progress

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 18:47:52 -0000

With running FS2004 it's amazing how things start come back from the depths
of memory.

Sitting on the apron I noticed a fairly reasonable 60fps but then I
remembered that I used to run the sim in windowed mode. Having found the
right key combination for this the transformation was immense and fps jumped
up to 574fps.

Next task was another delve into the past as I noticed all the AI traffic
using US registrations. That brought back memories of Lee Swordy's TTools
and our fiddling with the traffic files. Unfortunately I've lost the traffic
file I created which replaced all registrations with those correct for the
country of the departing flight and which also had a lot more UK flights in
it - correct schedules, Hawks whizzing across the Irish Sea and l0oads of
other additions for Blackpool, Newtownards and the like. Sadly that lot is
lost but I still found Phil's amended traffic file for registrations and a
copy of Ttools had this installed in seconds.

I'm sure I have only just scratched the surface and it makes me realise that
we used FS2004 for such a long time that we applied a huge number of tweaks
and mods to the program. I'm sure I'll find more as time goes on.

http://woodair.net