[jhb] Re: Progress

  • From: "Frank Fisher" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 21:22:42 +0100

AVSim.com and Flightsim.com are still receiving FS9 repaints/scenery etc, at
least 4 to 1 against FSX.

There is a large hardcore of simmers, who is still clinging on, add in the fact
that todays machines are well beyond it's capabilities. The only letdown is the
eyecandy, especially when you have used FSX then go back to FS9. You can easily
run FS9 permanently in VC mode.

Just google FS9 tweaks, for a deluge of help. But with 4 core machines etc, is
it needed? it will still only use the one core anyway.

I have given up on FS9, basically because I cannot get it to recognize my
Saitek Pro yoke system, I have to use a standard joystick with it instead.

I take it you are using the FS9 IVAP, of course you are.

Frank