[jhb] Re: Progress

  • From: 175@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 16:54:24 +0100

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
 Hi Frank
 As I am using my own domain and associated emails, Virgin/NTL need
to associate any 3rd party emails to an existing
virgin.net/ntlworld.com address in order to use the smtp service.
Previously a connection to your isp was all you needed. I applaud
this as I'm in favour of anything that can limit, even marginally,
the hundreds of unwanted spam received each week/day.. You I see send
from an ntlworld.com address so you will be unnaffected.
 In Eudora under OptionsSending emails there is an smtp relay
facility which associated an smtp account (of necessity virgin).
Whatever I do I still cant make use of the smtp server to send.
 I am currently having to use webmail to send out from any of my 22
email addresses. This is compounded by the fact that Firefox 5 wont
allow connections of the type required, so I have to dust off IE
eeks!
 The principal address is OK as I have my own roaming smtp server,
however at �10+vat per annum, per address, I'll continue looking
for a solution.....
 Best wishes
 Kev
 At 15:47 14/08/2011, you wrote:
 Hi Kev,
 I use Eudora, my ISP is Virgin, I set up my Eudora e-mail using
Tools, Options - you will see a number of icons, one is mail going
outwards, perhaps that's the one you need?
 Frank T.