[jhb] Re: FS install

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 03:43:30 -0000

Thanks for the offer but I have it tucked away somewhere.

I got IVAp sorted out and added a few aircraft to the MTL so I thought I'd
check if all was well in FS. Starting the sim revealed the IVAO menu and up
came the box. I couldn't remember how to use it at all so had a quick read
of the manual to remind me what the various options do.

Whilst I was doing this I fell foul of the default FS settings and on
switching back to the sim I found the aircraft battery was dead and the C172
in darkness. This triggered a memory of tweaking the fs.cfg file to extend
battery life and brought back vague memories of other such tweaks like
removing the big red alert to say the parking brake was on. No doubt there
are other tweaks that are useful but I have forgotten..

http://woodair.net